Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We've raised $600.00!

Thanks to all the writers who are supporting us.  Our tally now stands at $600.00. Who is donating?

"As soon as I spotted the Writers Who Care 50/50 Project in my weekly e-loop from the Writers Federation of Nova Scotia, I knew this project was for me. It's innovative, inspiring, and has been downright useful to a nature writer testing the uncertain waters of fiction. I felt great about making a donation to support CARE's efforts to raise funds to combat hunger in East Africa, and was thrilled to send the first four chapters of my romantic novel to Sophia Knightly for her commentary. She replied within a week and offered me praise, encouragement, and excellent detailed suggestions for improving my work in progress, A Look Across the Sand (Jenny Winter). The 50/50 Project has been a definite win/win situation for me. Wishing you the best..."

-Magi Nams
www.nams.ca/MagiBlog

"I read about the 50/50 Project on author Susan Olding's blog. I thought it was a great way to contribute to a worthwhile cause as well as receive a critique from a professional writer who is generously donating his or her time for this initiative. When I was younger I always enjoyed writing stories and poems, but I did not get back seriously into writing until about 4 years ago; I'm now part of a writers' group that meets biweekly. I've written several short stories and a few poems and am now working on a novel for tweens. So this is a great chance to get some feedback from a published YA writer, Janet Fox, and I look forward to what I'll learn from her".

-Jeannie Prinsen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Writers who CARE: The 50/50 Project. Please submit your comment and it will be forwarded to Kathy-Diane before it's listed.